Top 10 Don’ts When Applying for a Home Loan
1) Don’t change your employment Status
2) Don’t make any major purchases. (Cars, furniture, vacations, etc.)
3) Don’t increase your credit card debt or miss any payments.
4) Don’t change bank accounts or make undisclosed large deposits or withdrawals. Don’t bounce a check or deposit cash.
5) Don’t apply for a credit card, co-sign or make a credit inquiry.
6) Don’t spend money you have set aside for closing.
7) Don’t delay in providing all paperwork asked for by your loan officer.
8) Don’t pay off collections or charge-offs without discussing with your loan officer first.
9) Don’t close credit card accounts.
10) Don’t consolidate debt to one or two cards.
Call The Barnes Company and let us lead you through the home buying maze!